Monday, April 27, 2009

All You Can Meat

TempWorks Software CEO, Gregg Dourgarian, recently wrote about a road trip from Minnesota to New York visiting prospects and customers along his way and raved about a couple of restaurants such as Geisha in New York and Meritage in St. Paul. You can read his post here. Coincidently, I celebrated my wedding anniversary this weekend and managed to convince my wife, who isn't a huge steak person, to try a restraunt we haven't been to before for dinner. While we didn't travel to New York and I have never been to Meritage, we did go some place that definitely makes my top 10 list.

Fogo de Chão (fo-go dèe shoun) in Minneapolis, MN is a Southern-Brazillian style steakhouse where Gaúcho chefs bring skewers of meat (some 15 different cuts) ranging from top sirloin, bottom sirloin, filet mignon, beef ribs, leg of lamb, and so much more around from table to table and slice you off a piece any time you want. It was a very unique dining experience with absolutely delicious meats. I would dub this my second favorite steakhouse in the nation now and have given it the unofficial (a.k.a. "corny") slogan of "All you can meat."

Topping the list of my favorite steakhouses, though, is Las Vegas' Prime Steakhouse at the Bellagio. While it is a bit more formal than "All you can meat," they house some of the best food I have ever tasted. From their mushrooms to their perfectly prepared filet mignon, I challenge anyone to find a better quality of food from a restraunt in the United States. Prices are a little on the hefty side, but it is definitely worth throwing on business casual attire and treating yourself to a meal you won't soon forget.

As an honorary mention here, the ChopHouse & Brewery in Denver, CO is also worthy of a visit if you happen to find yourself in the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment