Thursday, March 12, 2009

Flooded with Vendor Advertisements

This morning, I received my copy of the March 2009 edition of Staffing Industry Review. I paged through it, and found myself flooded by 15 advertisements for staffing software and over 17 advertisements for payroll funding or PEO companies--all in a 78 page periodical. 

This got me thinking... if I owned a staffing agency, would I buy software or get my funding based on whatever company has the biggest ad in a magazine? Not a chance! I would choose my vendors based on what the leaders in my industry decided is best. 

Looking at the content of the articles, as opposed to the advertisements, the magazine offers great tips, advice, and knowledge to staffing agency owners accross the nation. Perhaps it's time to look at what those companies use to succeed, and not who has forked over the cash for full page ads in the periodicals.

If you are like me and actually read the articles and could care less about the advertisements, then you will notice that the staffing agencies you are likely to want to emulate have two things in common--great staff and great software. While we can't help you with the former, we got the latter covered. Take a look for yourself through the articles and ask those top-notch companies, such as Penmac Personnel, Link Staffing Solutions, or Manpower who provides their software and services and get prepared to hear "TempWorks."

No comments:

Post a Comment